Friday 4 February 2011

Work Placement

So this week I was working at Brides Magazine in the fashion department helping the shopping editor Astrid Joss and assistant Emma Shaw with returns and general errands! I had so much fun, even though it was a bit of a struggle getting up at 6am to get to London in time from Southampton!! I loved it...I had to pack up and send back about 50+ wedding dresses, and some of them were HUGE and sooo heavy! They were all absolutely gorgeous, and all designer brands (of course) from Christian Lacroix, to Temperley to Jenny Packham and so many more; and the SHOES!!!! oh how I've never seen so many Jimmy Choos and Louboutins in all my life...it was very hard to tear myself away on my last day let me tell you. On my last day I had to go to the Conde Nast studio and help the photographer dress a mannequin with an enormous but beautiful Big fat gypsy wedding stylie dress which definitely took some strength! I received a text message while I was there from Emma asking if I was able to stay for the rest of the week, which I was very flattered by- I was obviously doing something right which is always nice to know, but unfortunately I had to decline as I must now turn my full attention back to 3rd Floor Magazine as it's coming to that time where we will be starting to plan our shoots for the publication and start to interview a selection of creatives within the industry! Very exciting stuff! Here's a cheeky pic of just a selection of the beauteous shoes!


No comments:

Post a Comment